MISS PEACH'S COZY COTTAGE

Welcome to the COZY COTTAGE. This is the furever home of the memory of Miss Peach, our 18 year old Devon Rex angel kitty. I am Miss Hunny Bunny, she asked me to pour you a cuppa catmint tea as you read our old fashion mewsings about this and that. Please come by often...one lump or two? Now our precious Hunny Bunny is also an angel cat...please let me be your hostess at the cozy cottage...my name is Miss Hope.



Remember...only in our tomorrows will we realize what we had in our yesterdays.

Friday, May 8, 2009

FRIENDLY SURROUNDINGS ON FRIDAY...

I am the Queen of my domain! I sleep where I please...Sometimes I just want to crash on the roof of my house. I can, because I am the Queen and mommy is the slave who has to cater to my every whim.Over this last month that I have been recovering from my many surgeries, so many wonderful gifts and letters have come to me from all over the world. I am very thankful that so many of you care and love me so much. Me, a little tiny old red cat... I can not really understand the power of the word love. I do understand how it spreads though...one profile picture that intrigues you, one name to click one, one webpage that captures your attention, one window to another world that opens because of the power of modern communication. For a little red cat, that is an amazing thing to comprehend. I am feeling so much better. One thing I know for sure...it IS BECAUSE OF YOUR GREAT LOVE that I have recovered. I believe in the power of love and the goodness of caring hearts. We do not always have to be front and center with our care but we do need to have an awearness of a situation and be there to lend comfort when someone needs it. That is that magic that makes the Cat Blogosphere work...we never have to feel alone with our troubles. Mommy strung me this clothes line so I could hang all of my favorite tags and cards. She has given up her mantle top for me to enjoy as long as I want. It makes her crazy because she is OCD and this mantle top is her favorite decorating spot. But true loves sets aside ones own need for that of anothers comfort. So I am comfortable and she is...er well, sort of....getting past it.

17 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Miss Peach mum and I cant agree more with your words. Mum keeps on saying she cant believe the love and kindness that goes on in the cat blog world. We are so glad we joined the life of blogging, without it we wouldn't have met such lovelies as you.

Continue to get well sweet one.

Hugs GJ x

meemsnyc said...

Miss Peach, we are so glad that you are feeling much better, how wonderful!! We also love that you can sleep anywhere you want to and love that it's on top of your mantle. You are the most cutest.

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Miss Peach you are right,so very right. That was very nice of your Mommy to string you a card display up.You look so cute all in the tent.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh Peachiekins, you are such a sweet and adorable lovepuff.
We have been praying for you and we know your mom has been such a good mother and nurse to you and your lapdaddy. We love all of you very much and feel honored to have your friendship.
purrrs

Queen of Halloween said...

Still waving my wand...;) I've been a silent visitor daily...it's through YOU that I get to visit your many AWB...stay well. "Live long"!

L. Alida said...

Oh Miss Peach, you and Mommy Karla are so very loved! When so much love is sent out to you by so many it certainly becomes powerful. Us cat/dog people are a special breed. We do all we can to bring comfort to our fur babies. Mommy Karla, your mantle still looks pretty. :)
Sending lots of love your way today and every day.
Lorianna

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Miss Peach, sleeping on the roof looks fun! You must be feeling better.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Lovely words and so true! Friendship and love are amazing things!
You really have your momma bowing & scraping for you......and why not, you are one terrific, queen of the house lady cat!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am glad you are getting better! I love your place to snooze. I doubt the Woman would build a mantle for any of us above our fireplace but you are certainly lucky to have one!

Team Tabby said...

Miss Peach, glad you are doing so much better. We hope lapdaddy is doing well too.

We are happy you have found the perfect and generous mantle to pitch your tent upon. Whether you are inside or topside, if it makes you comfortable and happy, just keep on with it. Give your mom a hug from us.

Mindy, Moe, Bono

Cliff and Olivia said...

We're so glad you're getting better.

We think it looks a bit dangerous on the mantle piece but we guess you have the experience to handle it.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is very nice of your Mom to set aside her wishes so you can sleep there! That looks like a wonderful place to nap!

Asta said...

Miss Peach
It is a magical thing how we all find each othew and can help wif ouw love and cawing. Youw Mommi is vewy selfess to let you have hew pawfect mantle. Pleea tell hew, it's even mowe pawfect wif you on it wecoopewaating..I'm so glad you awe getting stwongew evewy day
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess Mommi undewstands youw Mommi, Mommi fweeks out if the blinds awe a tiny bit cwooked, hehehehe

Mickey's Musings said...

Good Evening Sunshine !!!!!
First,let me say how sorry I am to hear about Normie's Dad :( I will purr for his Mom as she must feel really sad.
Your post today is so very true :)
The CB is the best place ever and all the kitties and their beans are just wonderful !
I think you and I are very lucky because we have each other :) We are also lucky because we are doted on and loved so much. Each and every day is glorious!!!!!!!!
Enjoy your day.I will nap,and smile thinking about you sleeping on top of your den!! heeheehee
Hugs & Kisses,Moonshine

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Miss Peach, we are so happy that you are feeling better!
Your Mum is so wonderful to let you sleep on her mantle!
Sending HUGS to your mum and gentle chin scritches to you!
Love,
Uncle Mo and The Purries

Sweet Purrfections said...

Miss Peach. I am so glad you are feeling better. Mom and I agree with you 100%. The CB is the most caring group of people we've ever met and you have really been there for us this year! I hope you continue to heal and get better.

Meowers from Missouri said...

*kisses* *kisses* *kisses*!