MISS PEACH'S COZY COTTAGE

Welcome to the COZY COTTAGE. This is the furever home of the memory of Miss Peach, our 18 year old Devon Rex angel kitty. I am Miss Hunny Bunny, she asked me to pour you a cuppa catmint tea as you read our old fashion mewsings about this and that. Please come by often...one lump or two? Now our precious Hunny Bunny is also an angel cat...please let me be your hostess at the cozy cottage...my name is Miss Hope.



Remember...only in our tomorrows will we realize what we had in our yesterdays.

Friday, April 15, 2011

LIVING WITH CAT FUR AT THE COZY COTTAGE...

I am a very purrrttty furrrrry girl!This is where I spend most of my time...on my blanket at the foot of the bed. There is a king size sheet draped over the down duvet to protect it from the many furs...it is a snap to wash up! Sometimes mommy just vacuums it! Lapdaddy's favorite chair has a quilted twin mattress pad cover over it and a twin bedskirt. The chair is leather and this works quite well and stays in place...it is very shabby chic looking...
On the dining room bench, we have some thick vinyl to protect it from fur and sharp claws...in the olden days, they called this treatment oil cloth..we have it on our dinner table also...I tend to jump up on it sometimes...yes, I hear you...bad kitty.
Another twin bed skirt covers a chair in the bedroom...
A pretty old bedspread covers the loveseat..it makes it soft and cozy and again is a snap to wash up nice and fresh...it is also good to pull down around you when you want to take a warm nappy!

18 comments:

Sparkle said...

We do none of that pretty covering around here... which is why my home is mostly shabby and not very chic!

We love LUNA said...

Wow I love your decoration, every detail is precious and beautiful!
I wish you all a lovely weekend
purrs
Luna

Jeanie Callaghan said...

I love seeing a tour of your home and I am so happy that your humans have taken care to have everything just right for you!

curator said...

Lovely and practical at the same time! Happy Friday to all in your Cozy Cottage (the Museum is cozy and small too!).

Hannah and Lucy said...

Such lovely cosy places for a nap or a bath - all beautifully decorated with the prettiest of furs.
A true home.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Pellie / Penny said...

Your mommy sure has that special touch for making everything pretty yet practical.

Hugs,to all of you guys at the cozy cottage.

Purrs,
Genghis

Shaggy and Scout said...

All is cozy and warm at your cottage! We're so glad you came inside!

Jeanie Callaghan said...

I am trying to email you but your email address is not working. I really love the Japanese wind chime on your blog. I would love to use it on my blog - but I can't figure out how you got it! Can you tell me?
I wanted to tell you that I brought your ATC card to my office and have it on my bulletin board. I am talking about the one with the decorative ribbons. I love this card so much! It really brightens up my day to be able to look at it and think of my dear sweet kitties at home and also think of your generosity. Hope you and your kittys have a lovely weekend. My daughter and 3 grandchildren are visiting me here in Georgia from Kentucky for the weekend and I'm looking forward to it!

Hugs

Luna und Luzie said...

All your rooms looks very very cozy.
Love the beautiful decorated bedroom so much.
Hunny bunny you looks adorable on the bedsheet.

Have a wonderful weekend!

love
Stefanie and the Mietzen and Mietzer

Roberta said...

Everything looks so nice and cozy to sleep on. You are a very lucky kitty, Miss Hunny Bunny.

Sweet Purrfections said...

My mom gave up on keeping my floof off of the furniture!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi girlies haha bonkbonkbonk
Both of you are sooo furry and cute.
MissiePeachpuff, you are curlie and cute, Missie Hunny, you are white as a cottonball!

bonks

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Hunny Bunny :)
Our Mom uses covers too, though not as pretty ,heehee
She says it makes cleaning up a lot easier :/ We do not know why she does not appreciate our furs,heehee
Have a nice weekend and say Hi to everyone for us :)
Purrs Tillie and Georgia

Ariel said...

Very beautiful decorating.Yes you are pretty.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You have great decorating skills!

Garden Cats + Crafts said...

Yes we love you so much furry friends. But everywhere we have blankets on the furniture, too. Hunny Bunny, you are very decorative, but you have a lot of white fur ;-).
We wish you a great spring and now a nice Easter.
How nice that my package has finally arrived and Mommy has a little joy with it.
Birgit and the Katertiere

Anonymous said...

You are a purrtty girl indeed. You have a purrtty home too.

Lorraine said...

Thank you Hunny Bunny for sharing such good ideas with us. I use lots of throws, quilts and rugs on my furniture too -- as well as pieces of very soft fleece from the "end lots bin" at the fabric store but your covers are ever so much more elegant than mine!! At our house, I do my laundry, Hubby does his laundry, and I do the house and cats' laundry!!! Guess whose laundry fills up the lint trap the fastest LOL.
Hugs, pets and purrs,
Lorraine