MISS PEACH'S COZY COTTAGE

Welcome to the COZY COTTAGE. This is the furever home of the memory of Miss Peach, our 18 year old Devon Rex angel kitty. I am Miss Hunny Bunny, she asked me to pour you a cuppa catmint tea as you read our old fashion mewsings about this and that. Please come by often...one lump or two? Now our precious Hunny Bunny is also an angel cat...please let me be your hostess at the cozy cottage...my name is Miss Hope.



Remember...only in our tomorrows will we realize what we had in our yesterdays.

Monday, September 6, 2010

ARE YOU A TAKER~IN OF STARY CATS?

Even I was once a cat in need of a new home...what a lucky day when mommy found me on the internets. Now I am queen of the cozy cottage.... My name is Buddy and I am the garden cat at the cozy cottage...
Thank you for my daily kibble...I will be your furrrend furrrever...
Sweet faced white kitten would not allow us to catch him...he grew up and went away...
These two were placed together in a loving furever home....
Hunny Bunny was so happy to bring us her poor little kiddens...
~A Taker-in of Stray Cats~

God sends some of us a special mission
To take in stray kitty-cats in any condition,
To feed them and give them a permanent home,
To love them and make them our very own.

They chase through the house; their potty box smells;
They seem to have secrets they're unwilling to tell.
They play till exhausted, then curl in your lap,
And settle themselves for a long comfy nap.

Some people are called to great wealth and power,
To run corporations, make big bucks per hour,
But others of us are only asked,
To take in little stray kitty-cats.

I asked God for things of importance to do,
Other than loving a good man and a bunch of kitties too.
He said, "Don't be self-righteous; learn from your mistakes,
And be glad I send kitty-cats and not My stray snakes."

I dreamed when I died I heard St. Peter say,
"What important things did you do each day?"
I felt Heaven for me was an impossibility
And that I should have lived my life much differently.

Then God said, "Come in. Have food and some drink,
And sit here in Heaven by your little cat Tink;
For I gave you one of My most important tasks
When I asked you to be a taker-in of stray cats."

- by Darlene Goff

13 comments:

Kea said...

This world needs more who take in stray kitties, or adopt (as we all have been adopted), and fewer irresponsible people who don't spay/neuter their cats/dogs and who let them roam and breed.

We're glad you have wonderful human parents, Misses Peach!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi sweet Misses Peach. Mommy will take in all the little ones that show up!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Hi Misses Peach - your Mommy, Lap Daddy and you are very special with all your care for the kitties who come into your garden. We thank you very much for your kindness.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Lorraine said...

Ah that poem makes me feel so good and what a wonderful post Ms. Peach with all the delightful stories and photos of the stray cats at the cozy cottage. Adorable kiddens!!

I am so hoping to either take in or find homes before winter for my 4 outside kitties, including the pregnant mama kittie but time is getting short. And I am very fussy about who takes them in!! All but one are pretty friendly now but hurrah, I have finally been able to very quickly and lightly pet the feral one -- several times. He doesn't like it but each time he seems to stop and ponder, after his initial scare, and then rolls over as if he remembers another time, another place, another hand gently on his back.

My inside four are all rescues as have been all my previous cats. I have a couple of towels in my bath room that say: Every home should have a cat and every cat should have a home!
Hugs, Pets and Purrs,
Lorraine

Sweet Purrfections said...

Miss Peach, you and Mom Karla are so special to help the homeless kitties.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am so glad they found a good home together! And that you have shared your Cozy cottage and gardens with the other cats.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom still takes care of Zolie, a long haired feral. For three years now, and she has presented mom with 4 litters in the last 2 years. Mom has caught every kitten and taken them to a shelter, but momma cat will not be tamed. So mom does what she can for her: food, shelter, love from afar. She longs to pet her she is so delicate & small boned.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Ah, Miss Peach, you have all been fortunate your mom and dad has helped you out.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Mom is feeding two in the back yard but has not been able to get close to them/

Jacqueline said...

Such a sweet post; so many precious babies need loving homes, it's hard not to take them all in=our Mom does feed lots of strays, keeps food in the car...Mommy Cat and Daddy Cat at our house are strays that chose us to be their family and we wouldn't have it any other way...Happy Labor Day, lovely friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Special people to take in kitty cats.. Love to all that do that.. Special.. Hugs GJ xx

Sparkle said...

What a wonderful poem! I wish more humans knew that taking in stray kitties is a FAR more important task than running some dumb corporation.

Kathy said...

Thank you, Miss Peach and Hunny Bunny -
Mama was a stray when someone let her outside to not come back. She had all of us after that and we didn't know how we were all going to make it.
But Mama saw a home where she could hide us and the peepul would find us! Now, Mama and my brudder Mooch and I liv here with the Sheep Lady and Mr. Man. Our other brudders and sisters found homes to liv in too.
But the Sheep Lady tells us each day how much we mean to them.
It's a good feelin' to be loved>
L'il Rascal in
Airy Zona
(PS: Mom says thank ewe for the poem and that she knows what it means)