MISS PEACH'S COZY COTTAGE

Welcome to the COZY COTTAGE. This is the furever home of the memory of Miss Peach, our 18 year old Devon Rex angel kitty. I am Miss Hunny Bunny, she asked me to pour you a cuppa catmint tea as you read our old fashion mewsings about this and that. Please come by often...one lump or two? Now our precious Hunny Bunny is also an angel cat...please let me be your hostess at the cozy cottage...my name is Miss Hope.



Remember...only in our tomorrows will we realize what we had in our yesterdays.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I AM SO EXCITED TO BE HER ROYAL LADY IN WAITING!!


The role of a Lady in Waiting changed and evolved according to to wishes of the reigning monarch and Queen. The role of the English Lady in Waiting dated back to the Dark Ages and the Medieval period. Where there was a Queen she would require high ranking ladies to attend her. They were not expected to perform trivial and menial tasks - these were performed by servant beans.
The Lady in Waiting was an important member of the royal court and played an active role in participating with court entertainments, such as paw massages, tea parties, dance and musical entertainment. The Ladies in Waiting were selected from high ranking and noble families. The Lady in Waiting played an important role in the history of England.

I am proud to announce that I have been selected to be the Lady In Waiting to Queen Isis of Lovelynx of London England! Lovely Queen Isis is expecting her first royal offspring in four to five weeks time. I will often be sitting beside her in her royal chambers to tend to her comfort until that time. I am particularly delighted if she has Princess kitties, one might be named after me!

This past week, I have helped Queen Isis by fluffing her pillows, clearing away empty yogurt tubs and seeing to it that she does not eat too much of her ox liver snacks. She has a ravenous appetite and needs extra meals and treats to keep her ickle kittens health and happy inside the royal belly. If you would like to pay your respects during this deliCAT, please leave your calling card and I will prepare some catmint tea for you during your visit. Please keep it short so as not to tire Queen Isis to much.

16 comments:

Isis said...

Oh Miss Peach, you're such a delight! :) What would I do without you as my Lady in Waiting?! You make the very best of tea and the most divine paw massages... Oh and I'm being good and not scoffing the Ox liver like some uncouth heathen - just a delicate nibble her and there, mostly in the evening when I feel the cravings coming on! ;) Mummy says towards the end of February it might be possible to estimate how many kittens I'm carrying - it's all so exciting that I think I'm going to make my ickle baby kittens a special Valentines card! :) After all I love them ever so very much already...

Purrs,
Isis

Ramses said...

Miss Peach, you make the most excellent Lady in Waiting! :) I too have benefited from your team making expertise, you certainly know how to make a superior cup of tea! :) I can see my sister is in good paws with you by her side at this time!

Purrs,
Ramses

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is very exciting Miss Peach! Congratulations on your new royal position.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good Morning Dearest Sunshine!!!
I think it was a great choice for you to be Lady in Waiting for Sweet Isis! She will have the best care with you looking after her! This truely will ne a remarkable event. I know Tillie & Georgia are very excited,as am I :)
Don't forget to take care of yourself too Sweetie!
With love and admiration,Moonshine

Tybalt said...

Oh Miss Peach, how exciting! Isis selected the PERFECT kitty to be her lady in waiting. I know you are doing a wonderful job . . . and how exciting that a princess may be named after you!

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

How lucky for you Peach! We're sure you will be a wonderful help.

L. Alida said...

Oh Miss Peach, how fun for you! Isis is so very pretty, just like you. :) I remember reading about "Abbys" when I was a little girl. I can't wait to read about their birth and see pictures of them after they are born.
I so wish I could adopt Morgen's Callie too. My three would be quite jealous, especially Cricket. :(
Make sure you and mommy Karla get lots of snuggly rest and hot tea. Have a Happy Day Honey!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

How wonderful, Miss Peach! :) You are the purrfect Lady in Waiting for Queen Isis. :)

Daisy said...

I am very excited about Isis having little babies. You have an important job to do!

Sunny's Mommy said...

This is very exciting that she's expecting kittens :-) It's very kind of you to be her lady in waiting.

Ali & Fiona said...

You are the perfect choice for such a royal role. We are proud of you! We can't wait to the kittens and your name sake. Momma wishes her pregnancy would only last another 4-5 weeks.

Luna und Luzie said...

You are a beautiful Lady in waiting,Miss Peach! Great position !

Today I posted your letter. If you want to come and see...
We have here storm again...bad weather but good for a cup of tea.
purrs and hugs
Luna and Stefanie

Miz Allie Cat said...

such fun Miss Peach...lovely and congrats on the royal position.. how wonderpurrrr...meow

Karen Jo said...

It is wonderful that Isis has chosen you to be her Lady in Waiting, Miss Peach. You are perfect for the position.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hello my dear Miss Peach. :) We've an award for you on our blog. :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, precious sister, that you will be Isis's Lady in Waiting! You will be purrfect!

Much love and sistersnuggles and warm purrs to you, dear heart!