MISS PEACH'S COZY COTTAGE

Welcome to the COZY COTTAGE. This is the furever home of the memory of Miss Peach, our 18 year old Devon Rex angel kitty. I am Miss Hunny Bunny, she asked me to pour you a cuppa catmint tea as you read our old fashion mewsings about this and that. Please come by often...one lump or two? Now our precious Hunny Bunny is also an angel cat...please let me be your hostess at the cozy cottage...my name is Miss Hope.



Remember...only in our tomorrows will we realize what we had in our yesterdays.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

~A Proverb Meme~

I was tagged by the new meme going around by my very cool new furrrends over at MOSAIC CATS!! Write your own proverb! A proverb is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of catkind.
You can read their gr8 proverbs below...mine follows after theirs:) I have always loved "Gather ye rosebuds" by Robert Herrick, even if it is over 400 years old.

...the very first one that came to our (Willie & Bianca's) minds is:

There are only twenty-four hours in a nap.

We asked Sadie for her contribution, and one of the things you probably don't know about her is that she is very spiritual. She wanted to share her favorite parable:

Morris 5:37,38 "No one puts new clean litter into dirty old litter boxes, or else the new litter will touch the poo poo parts, and it will be stinky, and the clean litter will be skanky. But new litter must be put into clean litter boxes, and both are good. No cat having scratched new litter immediately desires old, for he says, ‘The new is better.’ "


~~Miss Peach's Garden Wisdom~~

Gather ye Catmint while ye may,

the time is right for drying.

For this same Catmint here today,

tomorrow will be steamrolled flat

by a herd of bulldozer cats!
I tag PIXIE and Baby Lucy furr and my handsome mancat ALICAT to do the Proverb Meme. Post the definition and the proverb of your tagger in your post:))

14 comments:

Daisy said...

Miss Peach, I like your proverb! Pixie is working on hers, so she will be ready to post it in a couple of days. She had to help me with my Fashion tips for Friday! Pixie can be fashionable, too.

ps: Your mosaic is pretty. I love the colors.

MaoMao said...

hehehe, I love your proverb! It rocks! And I love your catnippie tea.

You asked me if swizzle sticks were related to coffee stirrers. Yeah, they sure are! They're like cuzzins or somethin'. So ya bettur watch out for 'em -- ya nefur know, they might be like their cuzzins!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Mosaic Cats said...

OH!
We LoVe your proverb, Miss Peach!
And we really LoVe your mystical mosaic stone! Is it a stepping stone for cats only, or a door stop for the litter box room? Or a mice squasher? No. Too pretty for mice blood and guts to get on.
Isn't it fun how you got to combine both special creations into one special post?
We LoVe it when stuff works out good like that!
Thanks for being such a wonderful new fur friend and for sharing your beautiful creations with all of us.
W, B & S

Around Your Wrist said...

WOW! MY FIRST MEME!!! (ben to lucy: luce...you don't have to shout) I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO WRITE MY OWN PROVERB. THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I COULD SAY...

(ben: thank you peachy for inviting our little sister to do her first meme. she's not very nice to me...kind of bossy, and so many pointy ends! i think i'm going to have to show her who is boss.)

Around Your Wrist said...

'herrick' was my mom's mom's maiden name. i wonder if they're related?

ben

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Awwww, Your proverb is stimulating me a deep thought~! Great meme~!!!!

I like the MOSAIC, it is very colorful,I always like the colorful things~!!!

Unknown said...

You have a great proverb. You can come and read mine to if you want.

Tara said...

Very nice proverb!
Tara

Tara said...

Great Proverb Miss Pearch!
Tara

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I really like your proverb, Miss Peach! :) I didn't realize you had already been tagged, because I tagged you too! Ooops. *blush* :$

The mosaic is beautiful. :)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Your proverb is very good. Such intelligent kitties on the innernets.
we are going to have to do some thinking to make a proverbial proverb.

happy friday Peachiekins

Purrs, Princess

Anonymous said...

Good proverb Miss Peach. We enjoyed having catnip tea with you the other day. Mom really likes your jeweled stepping stone.

Kailey!!:P said...

het Miss Peach! :) i've posted some more poems on my blog so u should check them out sometime! i loved your proverb! it's very good. :) my mom is going through her radiation now so i've been really busy! well, i'll ttyl. :)

~Kailey!!:P

Gretchen said...

Everybody's purrverbs are simply adorable. I love you garden stone. I bet your bean did that didn't she?